McKean County

General

McKean County

Postby AuDave » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:36 am

Hello Everyone, Has anyone ever actually found any gold in Marbin Creek, or does the Pa-Gold Locations post have it confused with lost treasure?.. There is a Lost Treasure in Mount Jewitt near where Marvin Creek starts, and a Lost Treasure along Potato Creek that Marvin Creek feeds... I myself did not even find any black sand in Marvin Creek... Please let me know if anyone has any information on this subject. Thanks, AuDave
AuDave

Re: McKean County

Postby susie q » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:32 am

Hi Dave..the locations listed have been floating around the net for many, many years, it's very old information. That's why it's listed that it may or may not be accurate. When it was first posted here, it had map and gps coords, but when I crossed referenced them with my map I had..they didn't match up so I checked other maps and got the same results so I deleted those..there was no way to find out which map the original poster used.

There is gold to be found in the creeks of McKean Co, I know a gentelman who has a cabin there and he's found gold in the creek that goes through his property, he has prospected other streams in the area and has found in them. Going out and dipping a pan in a creek won't guarantee finding gold..you have to do your homework and that is learning how to read a stream and where the gold will be laying, where it will settle out during times of high water events. You have to get down to the bedrock or hardpack layer where the gold will lay.
susie q

Return to General